Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Busy bees.

As of late, there has been a lot of talk about the up-coming of 3-D television... Now, sure, at first it sounds kind of cool, but then I started really thinking about it and what it may involve. Apparently, from what I hear, you don't need the glasses that you'd normally get at the movie theater, but instead the 3-D images pops up in your living room. Frankly, I am terrified. 
People are already way too involved with technology to the point where it becomes a different world, now we're bringing a more real aspect to this fake world... and personally, I think it's too much. 
I remember when I was a child, nothing scared me more than the chance of a robotic world, and now my once childhood nightmares are coming true before my eyes. We've become so involved with the latest technology and distracting ourselves from the real world that we no longer see life for the reasons it's worth living.
Whatever happened to reading outside, instead of sitting coped up on the computer? Whatever happened to wanting to ride our bikes or go for a walk, enjoying what's left of our fresh air, or stopping to smell the flowers?
If we take a step back and remember what really matters in our lives, put down all these new technologies, and stop indulging in the next trend perhaps we can put a hault on this robotic nightmare we are burying ourselves into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment